Sunday, February 12, 2012

3 Essential Elements of Godly Conduct

I want to share something I was thinking about the other day in regards to Godly conduct. It's pretty simple really, but the ramifications are immense when considered.

Every trace of truly Godly conduct that has ever been a part of history, is currently in motion, or will be yet in the future has 3 elements to it:
  1. God initiates with grace.
  2. An individual responds in humble obedience (by cooperating with grace through faith).
  3. God receives glory.
If any one of these three elements is absent, then it will not be something endorsed the day we stand before God and give an account for our lives. God must initiate with grace, we must respond in humble obedience, and finally He must receive glory as a result if something is going to fall under the label of "Godly conduct". 

Speaking candidly, there have certainly been things that I have done in the name of Jesus that have lacked one, if not more, of these elements. Those things will not last on the day I give an account to God. But as I type this today, it is my sincere intention that every aspect of the way I carry myself for the rest of my life would embody these three elements - and by God's grace it will. It is my firm conviction that the bible teaches that the chief aim in Him giving me grace is Him receiving His glory. And His grace given turns out for His glory received when I humbly obey. It's as simple as that.


Romans 11:36, Colossians 1:16-17

Be Blessed!
Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment